Re: bellows

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 22 May 1997 13:05:41 -0700

At 03:02 PM 5/22/97 +0000, john lowen wrote:
>Flexible Products bellows are rather thick compared to Universal I was
>told by a friend who used them - had trouble in closing the camera.
>
>John

I had a replacement bellows made by Flexible Products for an 8x10
Ansco/Agfa camera. The bellows work OK but the workmanship was sloppy;
wrinkles in the surface and rather irregular sized sections. They are not
terrible and they are on the camera but I would not go back for another
one. Some others on the large-format forum reported similar experiences.
Western Bellows does a good job, he is used by Patrick Alt, so I have seen
the work. But, Western doesn't, AFIK, use leather, only synthetic
materials.
Its possible to make your own. It looks more tedious than anything else.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com