Re: Ferric Oxalate

Ron Silvers (rsilvers@oise.utoronto.ca)
Sat, 31 May 1997 11:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:

> To those who have tried Brian Miller's Ferric Oxalate,
>
> I would like to know some results of how this stuff works.
> However, I am interested in what those who have tried it
> have to say. If you can, please compare it to B&S powder (which I am
> currently using). Thanks.

I've been using Brian's mixture for the past couple of months. I find it
creates a *very* smooth appearance to the image, though I must admit that
I haven't done any careful comparisons with the B&S mixture. One thing is
immediately noticeable: Brian's mixture requires much less exposure than
the FeOx from B&S.

Ron