Re: luminosity

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Sat, 07 Jun 1997 21:05:02 -0300

At 9:50 AM -0200 97/06/07, joseph wrote:
>I make carbon cuatrichromies for 10 years now. Yes, you can achieve a
>great deal of luminosity if you use baritade paper without silver and add
>two layers

Fixed out Galerie paper, which has an extra thick gelatin layer, might not
require the extra gelatin.

>of tranparent gelatin on it before making the transfers. This way, the
>pigments reamins like suspended in the gelatin body and the light coming
>through them from the "back" enhance the luminosity.

I wonder why you used 4 colors instead of 3? Because you used screened
separations? With continuous tone negs, the tricolor process gives very
rich, glossy blacks, raised above the surface of the paper.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/