Re: Luminosity

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sun, 8 Jun 97 18:06 BST-1

Dwight

Galina Manikova who spoke at Bath yesterday works with photo ceramics and
showed some pictures of her work (too big to bring). The first paragraph of
her program note reads:

'All ceramic materials go through four basic stages: wet, dry, bisquit and
finally burned. One can apply photographs on clay at all these stages.'

As she regularly contributes to this list I won't expose my own ignorance on
this subject further (though I did learn a few things from her talk.) Terry
King also showed a couple of tiles he had made with photographic images in the
glaze.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/