Re: Ferric Oxalate

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 05 Jun 1997 00:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Eric J. Neilsen wrote:
> I've recently checked two samples of B&S ferric that local prints used.
> one batch with Ox acid = .3, another .5 with a meter with +/- .1. I got
> it for $70. Something to consider. >

Eric,

I'm considering. Could you tell us which meter you got & from whence?
Also, would you mind briefly outlining the testing procedure? I saw pH
meter used once and it seemed fairly involved. But now as noted I'm
rethinking...

My pH strips, some half dozen in a range from lowest to highest pH, used
to be OK, at least for my purposes, but lately have been giving me
trouble... Maybe they're just old? (About 15, 16 years -- seems quite
young to me, but go figure.)

Lately the color you match with the label color to read the
pH doesn't stabilize, but keeps going on up (or down as the case may be).
On silver testing papers they say take the reading at so and so many
seconds, but there's no advice about that on these.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Judy