APIS at Bath

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:55:25 -0600

>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:22:57 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Art Chakalis <achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
>Subject: APIS at Bath
>Sender: Art Chakalis <achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
>To: Alt-Photo-Process-L List <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
>

>I just got back in late last night and was surprised to see such little
>discussion about the symposium. I thought that the symposium went very
>well and many of us walked away with a lot of information and memories of
>a great meeting.

I think it might be the same reaction that Lincoln got after his
"Gettysburg Address"-- no applause. I think folks were just sort of
stunned. I've had a hard time saying anything about it but WOW!

So much great work.

So many talented people.

Such intensity of spirit.

What else can one say?

What is clear to me is that most of the printers were very willing to share
the knowledge they had gained in these processes, and we need to start a
journal. Terry has said that the proceedings may be printed in hardbound
volume and under the auspices of the RPS. This would be a start.

We need now to focus on Lisbon in 1998 and really make it a bang up affair.
Two days is too short, it'll have to be at least three. Maybe some panels
on gum and gravure. I'd love to see a gum-off discussion with some of the
world's best gum printers, and the same with gravure. Maybe some live demos.

Onward!

Dick Sullivan
Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe