Re:Slow Gum

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 01:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Paul Simon wrote:

> Judy,
>
> I was thinking about your problem of getting slow gum the other night as I
> was falling asleep and realized that sun tan lotion might work. They work
> by cutting down UV (SPF factors) and a water based one would probably do.
> It's off the wall but might be worth a try.

Paul, that's utterly brilliant... assuming there is a water-based
sinscreen (that was a typo, but a water-based sinscreen would also be
handy) and one that would dry to the touch. I suspect that suntan lotions
stay moist, but sun blockers are a growth industry these days, so who
knows what's at my local pharmacy....

I blew my latest gum speed test, BTW -- labelled the gum samples on the
paper, then covered the whole page with emulsion & exposed, only I was
thinking of something(s) else & put the emulsion over the labels, too....
this particular one was DARK, & pencil didn't show through. Wiping off the
emulsion wiped off the writing. Don't do that.

However, the salicylic acid gum was on a separate sheet.... and did not
mask well. Incidentally, most gums will mask if you put on a thick enough
coat, but a) that's a pain, and b) very thick tends to puddle which can
both warp the paper and stay sticky...

cheers,

Judy