Re: mounting (?) alternative process prints

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 17 Jun 97 07:41 BST-1

>Hinge mounting does not keep the print flat enough, but I am not sure
>about using adhesive. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
>Thank you.

Marilyn Dalrymple >>

I've done it this way without problems - or using folded paper or film corners
to hold the print onto the mount - with a normal overmat on top.

I wouldn't use adhesives, although I suspect starch paste or gum arabic might
be ok for some types of print at least.

One of the advantages of all the prints I've made compared to silver prints is
that they are flat - what kind of prints are you having a problem with?

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/