Re: Van Dyke Problems

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:59:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Billie S. Mercer wrote:

> I am working with VD's and new to alternative processes. Some prints
> turn out great but others end up washed out by the time they are washed
> and dried. Are there some VD printers who might give me a hand. I have
> thought it could be over fixing, underfixing, chlorine in the water,
> overwashing. What do you think is the most likely cause?

..next to the good suggestions from George L Smyth, I think you have do
do some paper testing; in my (and others) hand the kind of paper makes a
big difference, I used Arches Grain Torchoin, gelatine sized, it worked
awfull, almost everything washed away during a short fix. Canson Fontenay
worked much better..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"