Re: lowering my expectations

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pppipeline.com)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 17:24:57 -0700

The short answer (in my case) is NO :-( But, try "Hard" gelatin (often
called 200 or 250 Bloom) as opposed to Knox. This is available from
chemical supply houses (ask a High School science teacher about one in your
town). Also I found the recommended 1% potassium metabisulphite too weak,
and now use a 2% bath. Good luck.

tomf2468@pipeline.com

Smieglitz@aol.com wrote (Heavily snipped):
>Hi all,
>
>Here's some business for the list:
>
>I have a question regarding sizing for gum bichromate <SNIP>
>I'm wondering if it is possible to size the paper in any way to TOTALLY
>prevent >staining using autodevelopment.
<SNIP>
>Currently I'm having the best results using Lanaquarelle 140# HP sized with
>2pkgs Knox per liter followed by hardening with the standard formaldehyde
>bath. I use powdered pigments, saturated ammonium dichromate and prepared
>14B gum arabic. Exposures range from 1-4 minutes in sunlight depending on
>the pigment. And, once I've completed the image, I clear the dichromate from
>the print in potassium metabisulphite.
<SNIP>
>Joe

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com
Anti "Spam" return address in use, remove 2 "p"s from "pppipeline" for
correct return address.