Re: Convert ALT-PHOTO to a moderated list!!!

Pierre Chiha (pierre@pierre.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 11:24:50 -0400

Joe Shields wrote:

> I believe the time has come to recommend that ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L be
> converted to a moderated list in order to screen out the unproductive
> messages that have dominated the list as of late.
>
> Any "Ayes" out there?

I agree with a moderated list. However, I believe it takes a fair amount
of work from the list operator. I belong to Photopro, a list moderated
by Gary Gladstone and Jack Reznicki, who share the task. Nevertheless,
it takes time and energy to do that. Gary and Jack are fairly strict as
to what topics can and cannot be discussed, and will unsubscribe those
who repeatedly do not adhere to the rules.
Gord Holtslander is our list manager. Gord, what is your opinion?
Any volunteers out there?
Pierre Chiha