Re: Twinrocker/inkjet paper

Karen Molloy (Karen_Molloy.PILOT@pilotsw.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:21:50 -0400 (EDT)

John Barnier wrote:

>They [Twinrocker] have other fine papers that might be good for alt-photo
>printing. According to their web site information they also make a handmade
> inkjet paper.

Actually, although this is the way I also understood their Web advertising to
mean, I found out that it is not the case. When I called Twinrocker, they
stated that they do not make a paper specifially for inkjet printers. The only
info they could offer about using any of their papers in an inkjet was the
usual general considerations about sized vs. unsized paper, thickness and so
forth that apply for attempting to use any artist paper in an inkjet printer.

On a related note, I recently found out that Strathmore makes an artist paper
that can be fed into an inkjet printer and is suitable for alt photo
processes.

When I was at Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester NY USA last week, I saw an
artist's book in which the artist first laid out the text in Quark and then
printed, on the same pages, several images using Luminos emulsion. The
potential of combining desktop publishing with alt processes is mindboggling to
me.

Karen Molloy

kmolloy@pilotsw.com (until 18 July)
kmolloy@tiac.net (home)