Re: using polaroid type 55 film

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:36:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Chris Fox wrote:

Some time ago I inquired the same, since than I have used it for making a
few cyanotypes. It worked allright (Gary Aueubacher;
http://www.azstarnet.com/platinum, has used it for Pt/Pd printing) The
trick is to heavily over-exposure, even to the degree that your pos. is
white! I exposed at IE of 12 ASA (it's rated at 50 ASA I thought), but my
Polaroids were a bit out-dated... (from '91..;-)..still worked though,
although the positive didn't become extremly overexposed, maybe due to
it's age). I understood that prolonged developping is not possible, the
"fixing" takes place "automaticly"..

> Has anyone used this film to make negs for alternative processes recently?
> I've heard that you should overexpose it by a stop or so for the neg - should
> you also increase the development time for alternative processes that
> require denser negs?
> Can the Polaroid prints be toned?
> I've just started using it for 5/4, and would be glad to hear any advice.
>
> - Chris Fox

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"