Re: Apparent reason (was Symposium comments

Terry King (KINGNAPOLEONPHOTO@compuserve.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 02:24:08 -0400

Hello

I am sorry to have to copy this to the list. The header on the posting
sent to me indicated that there were a few copy addressees but it seems to
have been copied to all and sundry.

These tactics seem to reflect a rather unpleasant form of censorship.

In the society in which I live women expect to get as well as they give.

They do not get much sympathy if they cry foul when someone answers back.

The recent 'sexist' debate was unnecessary, old hat, and irrelevent to the
objectives of this list. So is this latest nonsense except that there
appears to be a deliberate attempt to stifle civilised debate.

Many are forced into lurking by Ms Seigel's outbursts. These are often
respected experts in our field. The loss of their contributions is a
loss to us all.

Many of us hope that the list can continue as a forum for the exchange of
ideas on alternative photography.