Re: Convert to a moderated list not!

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Fri, 04 Jul 1997 12:18:08 -0600

<x-rich>Better yet, why don't we pick a way to mark messages that are offlist and part of any current flame war. That way people can either filter or see messages that or not alt-photo oriented. No one has to read them. Most mail readers will filter a "contains" in the subject. We could then use something like "###" in the subject header. If your message said "### Roses are red" folks would know that it was an offlist message and it could either be filtered or just ignored. No one is making anyone read any message.

Human nature being what it is, it would be tempting to not look. It would be sort of like the book that says "naughty pictures in here", even those who don't like naughty pictures would be sorely tempted to open it. But then you were warned.

I have posted some messages in the current hoopla and I would have no problem marking such messages with the "###" marker and I am sure everyone else here would be happy to do likewise.

Just a thought.

Dick Sullivan

>Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 02:26:42 -0400 (EDT)

>From: Art Chakalis <<achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us>

>Subject: Re: Convert ALT-PHOTO to a moderated list!!!

>To: Joe Shields <<jls@i-manila.com.ph>

>Cc: ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L@skyway.usask.ca

>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"

>On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Joe Shields wrote:

>> I believe the time has come to recommend that ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L be

>> converted to a moderated list in order to screen out the unproductive

>> messages that have dominated the list as of late.

>> Any "Ayes" out there?

>Nay . . . I'd rather delete the mail that I personally consider unwanted

>versus having a censor decide what I shouldn't be seeing.

>Art Chakalis

>Columbus, Ohio, USA

<center>

Bostick & Sullivan