Re: Circulating prints?

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:32:08 -0400

Korfhage, Willard wrote:

>...It was nice to be able to talk with a real person and
> handle real prints, ...
> Somebody organized circulating portfolios of about a dozen prints each.
> You received the portfolio in the mail, posted your comments on it, and
> sent it on to the next person the portfolio's list. ...
> Everything was limited to unmounted prints 8x10 or smaller...
> Would anybody be intested in trying this with alt-photo prints?

Willard,

An interesting concept. However, I would suggest matting the prints to
offer some protection from scratching, handling, etc.
It would be interesting to see the quality of work circulated, knowing
that reviews would likely go over the list.
Someone once said that they could not learn from any photographer
without first admiring their work.

I would dare venture to go a step further and find out if there is an
interest in traiding prints.
No value attached; just print for print.
Would it be a problem to trade for work unseen???

Jeffrey D. Mathias