GEH workshops

Mike Robinson (698201@ican.net)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:25:16 -0500

Laurie B. Devine wrote:

>I'd also like to find alternative photographic workshops, this
>time in the Western US. I'm especially interested in working
>with cyanotypes and albumen prints.
>
>I'm new to the list, but have been working with historical
>photographs for several years. Now I want to try creating some
>myself.
>
>Thanks for ideas.

Laurie,

While not in the west part of the country, I thought it might be of
interest to you and others on the list to mention the Historic Photographic
Process Workshops at the George Eastman House in Rochester New York.

The Museum offers beginners and master classes in Daguerreotype, and
Wet-Collodion processes and NEW for this year is a two-day Albumen Printing
Workshop on August 2 & 3. Enrollment for this Albumen Workshop is limited
to 12 and is NOW FULL.

ALBUMEN PRINTING WORKSHOP

August 2 & 3, 1997

This intensive introductory two-day course gives step-by step
demonstrations of this early and most common of 19th century print
processes. From coating the paper through exposing and developing the
images, each student will re-create the process through hands-on
experience. Fee $250.00

The hands-on printing will be taught by myself, with a history and
aesthetics lecture as well as a care and preservation component by faculty
members of the George Eastman House.

With enough interest, a second workshop in the near future might be possible.

For more information on the GEH Historic Photographic Process Workshops contact:

George Eastman House
Department of Conservation and Museum Studies
900 East Avenue
Rochester, NY
14607

(716) 271-3361 ext. 325