Re: Printing frames

Larry Roohr (roohrphoto@orci.com)
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 11:17:14 -0600

David B Kern wrote:

> I need a split-back printing frame. I have woodwrking skills. Any
> suggestions on the design?
>
> Thanks.
> David Kern
> dkern@juno.com

Hope I'm posting this correctly.

David,

I saw a suggestion on Mike Wares web page that an aluminum frame could
be used, and now that I've purchased a wooden one, I think he's right.
The tricky part would be matching the edges of the folding pieces to get
a flat and seamless as possible junction when its closed. The springs on
mine are just long bent pieces of steel that swivel around a wood screw,
to close it you push them down and swivel them around to tuck into a
slot in the frame on either side, with a channel aluminum frame it wouls
work nicely if it's deep enough. Hope this wasnt too confusing.

Larry