Re: cyanotypes

Satan's Cabana Boy (phlegyas@flash.net)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:19:32 +0000

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:46:25 -0700 (MST)
From: slywiz@aztec.asu.edu (LAURIE B. DEVINE)
Subject: cyanotypes
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

I've been working with cyanotypes on my own (workshops in
the Phoenix area are pretty much missing...). Using different
guides, formulas, papers, etc., I've produced some nice paper
and fabric prints.

Now I'm trying to make prints on wood, which supposedly can
be done, but the sensitizer turns blue as soon as it's applied.
I've used different kinds of wood and that doesn't seem to
help.

Has anyone printed cyanotypes on wood? Is there some sort of
treatment to neutralize this problem? (Presumably it's acid
in the wood)

Thanks for ideas.

Laurie

I haven't tried wood, but have you used gesso, or a clear medium of
sorts.
brian husch

i ain't no mr. cool

i'm a pig i'm a dog