Re: Contact Printing Frame

Dennis Klinker (DennisKlinker@denklik.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:57:02 +0100

In message <3.0.3.32.19970918152123.008c0a60@mail.iag.net>, Sil Horwitz
<silh@iag.net> writes
>At 01:40 PM 1997/09/18 -0500, you wrote:
>>The only way to get good contact is to use vacuum. I've tried other
>>ways and you can see the difference in sharpness between a mechanical
>>frame and vacuum.
>
>At the recent APIS (Alternate Photography International Symposium) the
>opposite was demonstrated and seemed to me to be a handier alternative. Air
>under pressure is introduced into the frame, which is easier than trying to
>maintain a vacuum. Perhaps another member of this group can provide more
>details, as I am not in a position right now to go dig through my notes!
>

>Sil Horwitz, FPSA
>Technical Editor, PSA Journal
>silh@iag.net

Hi Sil the frame that you mention is manufactured in the U.K. by Peter
Fredrick and we have tested it out on the creative imaging courses given
by Peter at the Kingsway College in North London and i can vouch for the
efficiency of them.The baseboard consists of a layer of very thin rubber
into which air is pumped through a bulb thus forcing the negative and
paper into tight contact he makes them in a number of sizes and they
also have a four hole punch and registration pins affixed . I know that
he is sunning himself in New Mexico at this moment in time but he can be
reached on pete@fotemdemon.co.uk
--
Dennis Klinker