Re: Mailing List for Printmakers?

Bruce McCaughey (dcav@unixg.ubc.ca)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:07:43 -0700

>Karen Molloy <kmolloy@tiac.net> wrote:
><BIG SNIP>
>>I subscribe to paper-l, which describes itself as "Fine art printmaking,
>>papermaking, & bookarts". But in the 4 months I've been on it I've seen
>>little about printmaking <SNIP> More about papermaking <SNIP>.
>
>While I've never managed to find a way to use hand made paper in my
>photography, I've always loved the craft. How do you subscribe to this
>list??
>
>tomf2468@pipeline.com (Tom Ferguson)
You can print photographs onto hand made papers as long as you use
an internal sizing. Cyanotype works very well on hand made paper. Van Dyke
process will work but I have not been able to get an accepteble black.
There is something wonderful about puting your own image onto your
own hand made and hand coated paper.
OK KODAK, GO DIGITAL SEE IF I CARE!

T/\/\/\/\/\|| Bruce McCaughey
|| ||---| dcav@unixg.ubc.ca