Re: Fresson and electron microscope scan

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:48:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Eugene Robkin wrote:

> I may have missed this but was the report on the results of the electron
> microscopy investigation of some Fresson prints ever posted? If it is
> somewhere on the web will someone please point me at it or forward it to me
> if possible.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Eugene Robkin

Nothing yet to report . . . all of the testing is being done as a fill-in
to other lab work. The work is being donated by a friend but the down
side is it is taking seemingly forever. By the way what I think will be
more informative is an attempt to determine what the coating materials
contain. The inorganics are pretty easily done, we'll see if the organics
can be identified.

One last comment, the test results will be given to Bill Foster before I
post them. This is a small price to pay for his providing various samples of
the original paper.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA