Re: Etching

sal (sal@napc.com)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 13:41:47 -0500

TERRY KING wrote:

> Sal
>
> A good mordant for silver is seven parts water to three parts nitric acid.
> I needed it for putting a photograph onto a silver plate so it should work
> for a bracelet.
>
> Dichromated fish glue can be used as the resist.
>
> Terry King

Terry,

Would that be three parts of a standard(saturated?) concentration of
nitric? I've got some glue at home. Although, it does not indicate if it
is fish glue or perhaps horse glue. It appears as slightly
translucent, brown flakes. It smells like dead animal and closely
resembles the gelatin I've got. The glue is a tad darker and the flakes
are bigger. I suppose I will try both. Thanks for the advise.

Sal