Fwd: The family, near Paris - Reply

FotoDave@aol.com
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 02:06:20 -0500 (EST)

George, I believe you intended this to go to the list, so here it goes....

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: Leonie@nbnet.nb.ca (George Griffin)
To: FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 97-10-30 19:57:18 EST

At 12:07 PM 10/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-10-30 07:18:44 EST, daguilar@bhnet.com.br writes:
>
><< David. Are you thinking of having some Fresson prints made?
> Photographist John Grocott (London UK)

>One day I should get one done too (if/when I can afford it). I assume that
>since they are the only lab in the world who does it, it must be very
>expensive. Does anyone have some rough idea of how much it would cost to
make
>a Fresson print?

Correct me if I am wrong,(Luis) but to my knoweledge of the Fressons at
least some time ago the pricing of thier product was very reasonable
considering it's essential nature. I also formed the notion that they pick
thier players accroding to thier mood. Also if you don't communicate in
French don't bother trying. I would be inspired to be told different on
this. I print my own work in four color carbon or monochrome carbon from
hand coated materials and feel secure in my photographic future. Some of
the Fressons I have seen of late do not compare to the carbon transfer
process. (remember Fresson is direct carbon and not a transfer process. I
look foreward to hearing other peoples comments on this subject.