Re: platinum/palladium, use of "B" Solution

DKenn473@aol.com
Sat, 01 Nov 1997 15:45:32 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-11-01 13:28:36 EST, KINGNAPOLEONPHOTO@compuserve.com
(TERRY KING) writes:

> You did not tell us what the density ranges of the negs you were using so
> it is difficult to comment.
>
> With pure platinum one should be able to get a good print from a neg with
> range of about 1.9. Adding progressively more palladium gives prints with
> good gradation and good detail in the highlights and the shadows with
> negatives up to a range of about 2.2 to 2.4.
>
> I would prefer not to print Pt or Pt/Pd with negs below these
> densities..

adding platinum will cool down the image and using pure palladium will give
you warmer tones. I still contend that the mix of pt. to pd. has more to do
with image color than with contrast control.

David