Re: Still Gum solution problems

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 23:18:00 -0400

At 6:43 PM -0700 97/11/03, Richard Sullivan wrote:
>At 12:24 AM 11/4/97 +0100, you wrote:
> we suspect that
>>it must be the glyoxal as it was the first time this happened and the first
>>time we used glyoxal, and the first time we stored gum lumps in the same
>>room as the papers are sized and hardened - but are we right or not?
>>
>>Help, please
>>Hans & Chia
>

>If there were enough glyoxal fumes in the room to pickle your gum, you
>both would be mummies by now. It can't be the glyoxal.

I think Dick is right here, as far as gum goes. Gelatin, for carbon
printing, is a different story all together however. Fumes of all sorts,
from way down across the room, is enough to cause very significant fog.
Some gelatins are worse than others.

There are too many unknown variables for me to help you with your gum problem.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/