Re: London Galleries

taylordow@sprintmail.com
Wed, 05 Nov 1997 00:14:10 -0600

Billie S. Mercer wrote:

> I will be in London next week. Any suggestions on galleries to show my
> portfolio to or photography exhibitions that I should see.
>
> Does anyone have any information on the Royal Photographic Society meeting
> at Buckingham Palace on the 12th. Even a telephone number that I can call
> to check it out. I asked this once before but maybe someone who didn't see
> it before will this time.
>
> Billie

Billie,

The RPS telephone number is: +44 (0)1225 462841 and they should be able
to help you.

Look for: The Photographers Gallery, 5 & 8 Great Newport Street, WC2.
0171 831 1772

Zelda Cheatle, 8, Cecil Court, WC2.
0171 836 0506

Hamiltons, 13, Carlos Place, W1.

Special Photographers Company, Kensington Park Road, W11.

I'm afraid I don't have the 'phone numbers for the last two at hand
right now, but they're all well known galleries that show photography
exclusively and so it shouldn't be hard to find the numbers in the phone
book.

For a bookshop with a good photography section go to Zwemmer's in
Charing Cross Road, WC2. They're just around the corner to the
Photographers Gallery.

For other art galleries/what's on go to: www.timeout.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Keith Taylor.