RE: Fresson prints

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:37:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, David Aguilar wrote:

> About Fresson Prints, I read in the magazine PHOTO techniques (October/97):
>
> "This printing process, invented by Theodore Henri Fresson, at the turn of
> the century, continues today as a family business near Paris. Although the

Actually I believe that the accounts claim that Fresson copied/improved
upon the process developed by Frederic Artique who's son Victor Artique
commercially began selling the paper in 1893. However, both Frederic and
Victor chose to never reveal their methods and or formulas. The second
inventor was Theodore Fresson who in 1899 commercially began selling a
reportedly similar printing paper. The Fresson family supplied this paper
until about the mid 1930's (it was sold in the US) after which they chose
to supply only finished prints.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA