Re: Platinum printing questions

dkern@juno.com
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 14:38:47 -0600

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997 13:38:47 -0500 Nze christian
<113410.2751@compuserve.com> writes:

>why don't you use coating rod it gives better coat(more uniformity)
>do you had twenn20 to your solution?
>it would coat coat better too.

I will try the coating rod but I thought with such small prints (6X7cm),
a brush would be as effective.

>how many time do you wait before expose (1 hour )
>me i prefer to wait this time i'm sure the emulsion to be at the same
>humidity level
>the graininess could be a problem of other exposure or of humidity

I wait for the solution to soak into the paper, then I dry it with blow
dryer for curly hair (it is gentler and doesn't heat as much) and I print
as soon as it's dry.

>is it traditional platinum print or printing out one with ferric
>ammonium oxalate and ammniumchloroplatine =

I'm using traditional platinum printing.

Thanks,
David
dkern@juno.com