Re: RAPP

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:03:54 -0700

Karl,

I was merely trying to backpeddle from my earlier "world domination" mania.
Artists tend to be anarachists at times, and at other times they tend to
cluster together. I mention a worldwide org once on the list, and got blasted
by a couple of Nieu Yawkers. Well... they are sort of clustered together there
in NYNY, can spend thier total waking hours traveling to art galleries in and
miss half the show. Here in New Mexico, our next door neighbor can be 20 miles
away, not nearly the same kind of clustering they have in Gnu Yaak. Us
outlanders may have more of a need for an organization. Then this is not to
mention those folks who really must feel like loners in countries where there
isn't a big fine arts photo community. If there is to eventually to be an
organization it should spring up from within. The database may just provide
the
stimulus.

(Ok, I'm only kidding, it's really called New York City and it is one of my
favorite places in the world.)

--Dick

At 10:46 AM 12/11/97 -0600, you wrote:

> Dick:  I sure like the idea of a common website and ultimately an alt proc.
> journal.  You say a meeting in LA would get 50.  Heck, a meeting restricted
> to New Mexicans would get 50.  As one wing of this potentially large
group is
> a subset of new pictorialists...many of whom are alt processors. Many are
aol
> members and Kodak has a Fine Art board and an Alternative process board.,
>
> Some of these images are on the web now, see:
>
> <http://www.collectorsguide.com/kpkoenig>http://www.collectorsguide.com/kp
> koenig
>

> <http://members.aol.com/sixbysixcm/photographers.html>http://members.aol.c
> om/sixbysixcm/photographers.html
>
> Would you please send me the form (paper or email) for filling out info for
> the RAPP?Karl Koenig

Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
NM 87506