Re: Dichromates - Diazo Replacements

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 08:25:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, George Mackie wrote:

> Dennis - an alternative to dichromated gum is a diazo photopolymer like
> ULANO RLX. I coat it on the ware directly, let it dry in the dark and

A couple of questions on this topic:

1. Does anyone have a list of suppliers for diazo replacements for
dichromate?

2. Can anyone confirm using one successfully with either carbon or gum
printing and if so which one?

Reports are that most tend to fog the image based upon various off-list
discussions/notes with a few practising carbon printers. I've been
told that EverColor uses a proprietary one and therefor assume someone out
there may have had some success with one that is commercially available.

I've used dichromates for over 15 years taking great care not be exposed.
My fear is that I develop the hyper sensitivity that is apparently common and
can no longer work with them.

By the way . . .

A Happy and Successful New Year!

Sincerely, Art