Re: Caswell Bromoil Paper

Gene Laughter (glaughter@earthlink.net)
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 14:08:20 -0500

While I have not personally had an opportunity to try the Caswell
Bromoil paper as of yet, I do have three bromoil prints on this paper
which were sent to me as a gift by Maija McDougal FRPS, Secretary of the
Bromoil Circle of Great Britain. These prints are examples of
outstanding examples of the Bromoil Art and Craft.

Maija, in her personal correspondence with me, has been quite laudatory
in her comments and praise pertaining to the Caswell Finesse Bromoil
Paper.

I too suspect that Wolfgang Maus is soaking the paper at too high a
temperature and perhaps too long. I will be testing this paper soon and
will get back to the list with a comprehensive report at that time.

Cheers,

Gene Laughter

http://members.aol.com/kallitype/GL.html