Re: Encyclopedia of Photography

Gene Laughter (glaughter@earthlink.net)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:01:08 -0500

Eugene Robkin wrote:

> I have a lead on a 20 volume set of books called the Encyclopedia of
> Photography published in 1970 by Greystone Press with William D. Morgan as
> the general editor.
>
> Does anyone on the list have any information on this work. General value
> as an info source, value in monetary terms, etc.
>
> Any information greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks.

I purchased this set of encyclopedias myself a year or so ago. I paid
$45 for the set in excellent+ condition. As far as the value as a
source, I guess it would somewhat depend on the individual. It's kinda
an updated version of the older classic set entitled, Complete
Photographer. It fact it has many of the same articles and
illustrations. I just happen to like older books on photography in
general and felt the set is something that I should have. My wife would
probably not agree with the need factor, however!

Cheers,

Gene Laughter