Re: Confused Beginner

Hamish Stewart (Hamish@wanadoo.fr)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:41:46 +0100

Someone else has already recommended William Crawford "The Keepers of
Light", which provides an excellent overview of alternative processes,
plus some history. Catherine Reeve & Marlyin Sward (sorry I can't
remember the correct spelling) "The New Photography" is also an
interesting book, which looks beyond some of the more "traditional"
alternative processes. Finally I would also suggest you take a look at
Arnold Gassan "Handbook for Contemporary Photography", which provides an
outline on a whole range of alternative processes. I think these three
books should provide some good grounding - then hunt around the web and
look at the achive of this list to build your knowledge.

Hope this helps
Cheers Hamish
>Erin Barnes
>posc002f@frank.mtsu.edu

*
"We have no theology, we have no dogma, we just dance"

Hamish Stewart

Astrologer Taroist
Photographer Part time ritualist
And bush lover