Re: Gum availability

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:01:03 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Phaedrus wrote:

> I ran out of the liquid gum arabic I had been using. I have ordered the
> catalog from Photographer's Formulary, but their bulk catalog doesn't go
> out for a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend a good source for gum
> arabic in either liquid or powder form? Thanks in advance.
>
> Peter Howey

Peter,

I have had good success with Graphic Chemical & Ink out of Chicago (phone
630-832-6004) for both 14Be Gum Solution, powdered and lump. They also
carry other supplies such as raw pigments and paper (Rives, Frabriano,
Pescia etc.). They seem to be priced competitively.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA