re: home built enlarger

Jon Grepstad (GREPSTAD@sprakrad.no)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:37:23 +0100

Joseph Portale <jportale@pimacc.pima.edu> wrote:

> About three years ago either Peterson's or Darkroom ran a series of
> articles on how to build an enlarger. If someone is interested, I'll check
> to see if I still have the articles somewhere in my files. If I'm not
> mistaken I believe the articles were called "The Old Coffee Can Enlarger
> Trick".

The article your refer to was in Camera and Darkroom Photography.

Here are a couple of other sources, one in English, one in Swedish.
Alterbernd's article should definitely be of interest:

Altenbernd, Nicholas. ”Budget Large Format. A Do-It-Yourself Enlarger
Project”. Camera and Darkroom, January 1993, pp. 12-16. N. Hollywood,
CA. (Enlarger back for 4 x 5 Bender camera.)

Höglund, Arne. ”Förstorad förstoringsapparat.” Foto, July-August 1987,
pp. 68-69. Stockholm 1987. (Sketches for a DIY 4 x 5 inch enlarger.)

Jon Grepstad
http://home.sol.no/~gjon
gjon@online.no