RE: Pyro and its effects on contrast

Wayde Allen (allen@boulder.nist.gov)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:09:40 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Sandy King wrote:

> Thanks for this response to Wayde's request for further clarification of my
> statement. Not being much of a mathematician I knew myself to be in trouble
> when he wrotee "y = Mx where M is the proportionality constant."
>
> Your chart is an accurate representation of the silver curve, on bottom,
> and the silver plus stain (on top). It certainly is much cleared than my
> original comment re: linerity and prportionality.

Yes the graph helped. The stain is proportional to the silver density
buildup, but not necessarilly linearly proportional (although it might
actually be).

Sandy, how is the book on Carbon printing coming? Did you ever put the
seminar together you talked about last spring?

- Wayde
(wallen@boulder.nist.gov)