Re: Great Enl. Negs - Better

Joseph O'Neil (joneil@multiboard.com)
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 16:15:57 +0000

At 12:39 01/02/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
><<<PQ Universal is an Ilford developer designed for both film and paper.
>believe that it is not available in the US.>>
>
>Ah, so that's why I didn't recognize PQ. Interesting that Multigrade
>developer may work in a similar way. I think Multigrade is presented
>strictly as a developer for silver paper, but using a slow, fine-grained
>film to produce long scale negs for Pt or POP, there's a certain logic
>to using an energetic paper-style developer. I'll give it a try, since I
>haven't been pleased with my tests of FP4+ in standard film developers
>(for Pt).

Edwal's "Platinum" (nothing to do with Pt/Pl printing) paper
developer is similar to PQ, although I've never used it for film.
Completely free of metol, it is an interesting developer for paper to use.
Worth a look if you are interested in trying a "PQ" style developer.
joe

http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
B&W, Large Format Images From Southern Ontario