Re: Chrome Alum (reply & question Gloy)

Hamish.Sophie (Hamish.Sophie@wanadoo.fr)
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 18:26:15 +0100

Yes I have found the same problem, especially with the darker Blues
(Winsor & Prussian Blue) and Cadmium Yellow.

>But it is obviated if you use Gloy which, living in the
>States, you cannot get !

I saw your post regarding "Gloy" before. I am rather curious. While I
happy with my current results using Gum Arabic, I'm always interested in
trying something new. Is gloy a type of PVA adhesive? It dries to a very
tough and transperent film. I am usually resident in Sydney Australia
(but currently in Paris) and have seen Gloy advertised in UK mags. So
okay, how do you use Gloy. As you would with Gum Arabic?

Cheers
Hamish