Re: Fresson again

Dan Estabrook (desta@ix.netcom.com)
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 12:05:32 -0500

Greg Schmitz wrote:

> snip %<
>
> Big money or not - maybe Twombly didn't know what he was doing;
> certainly a fair number of the "I'm an artist - bigtime" would fall
> into the wannabe I don't know what I'm doin but.... category. Please
> excuse my skepticism, I have not seen the show, but "big time", "big
> money" does not mean one can bounce from medium to medium with instant
> success. Then again maybe the prints were made on old paper :*)
>
> -greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>

Certainly you don't suggest he printed them himself because I'm sure he had
them done (you know these guys have half their paintings done for them...) As
for the photos themselves they were quite boring, but it's the process, not
the images, I found shockingly bad - after all the hubbub (Continuing now)
about Fresson prints.

Dan Estabrook