Re: dry plates

Joseph O'Neil (joneil@multiboard.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 06:09:33 +0000

At 22:27 08/02/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if 4x5 dry plates can still be found? A friend of mine
>has a wonderful old camera that hold several plates at once--he is
>currently experimenting with coating glass plates with liquid emulsion,
>but he would like to know if anyone manufactures plates for these cameras.
>I kind of doubt it, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Do you mean glass plates? Kodak as of last year was still making
4x5 glass plates in both Tech Pan and T-Max (100 & 400). Special order I
beleive, direct form Rochester, and a minimun order too (something like
25 or 50 plates).
joe

http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
B&W, Large Format Images From Southern Ontario