Re: APIS 98

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:16:57 -0700

Carlos,

I don't think anyone is trying to kill APIS 98. Your were off the list for
a long time and then came on with a message that sounded very tentative and
besides you had shifted the APIS from one part of the country to another.
The way you said it that sounded like they were constructing or revamping
the place now, and hoped to be finished by July. You didn't quite say that,
but it came off that way to me. This left some folks wondering.

I think we are all happy that it is going to happen.

If you will forward the latest info as it happens, I'll post it up on my
web site under the APIS section for all to see. Also post it to the list.

Sorry, for any misunderstanding.

--Dick

At 08:52 PM 2/12/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I have just returned after a few days off the net to find APIS 98 dead.
>What a surprise!
>I thaught it was alive and well. The propsed location is already in
>operation. Sewveral majour exhibits are presently being held there and the
>remaining work does not affect its operation. It is the portuguese
>equivalent of the royal Photographic Society, only 20 times bigger.
>
>I still think that the people that are now backing us up will be able to do
>a better job than most of us can expect: they are professionals and have
>access to funds provided by the Portuguese goverment to sponsor events like
>this.
>
>On the other hand, we do not have to do it in portugal if you people fell
>unconfortable about it. I did not ask for it I only sugested it.
>
>I shall be happy to do it, but I don't need to.
>
>P.S.
>
>from the 17th of this month until the middle of April I shall be teaching
>in San Francisco, from where I will continue to follow postings to this list.
>
>Best
>Carlos Gasparinho
>e-mail: nop51076@mail.telepac.pt

Bostick & Sullivan