Re: Fresson electron microscope scans

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:37:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, erobkin wrote:

> Earlier Art Chakalis told the list that he had available some electron
> microscope scans of an example of Fesson paper. Thanks to Art and my system
> administrator those images are now available via ftp file transfer from my
> college server. If you do not have ftp capability email me directly, not to

I wanted to first thank Eugene for his help. The download site makes
sharing this photograph practical.

Some added information, Peter Fredrick was the kind donor of the original
slide which was taken by M.I. Walker. The image is a high powered optical
microscopic cross section of Fresson paper. The section was stained to
enhance detail and photographed at 200:1 (200 power) to provide as much
information as possible.

Two scans were made, the first at scanner default settings which portrays
the image as accurately as possible. For the second scan I adjusted
color to further enhance detail in the scan.

Thanks again to Eugene Robkin, Peter Fredrick and M.I. Walker.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA