Re: Art's note

Art Chakalis (achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:31:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Karl P. Koenig wrote:

> Sounds good to me Art, but you must have meant '97 event not '98.But what
> do you mean by "dire lack of events" as there were very good events planned?

Yes I did mean 97 and to clarify let me restate what I meant as follows:

The great turn out at the 97 apis was due (in my opinion) to the
following:

1. A lack of alternative photographic symposiums/meetings/events
for any of us to attend and exchange ideas. This made the
event very attractive to myself and I suppose to others who
enjoy alternative processes.

2. The location at the RPS.

3. The attraction of the Talbot trip to see where his first work
was done.

My reference to 'dire lack' was a poor choice of words on my part which
lead to your misinterpretation . . . the event was great.

Sincerely, Art

Art Chakalis
Columbus, Ohio, USA