Re: Epson Stylus Photo & Paper Options?

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 19:55 +0000

> Bob Hayes wrote:
> I just got my Epson Photo printer and am very pleased by the quality.
> I'd
> like to hear other inkjet printer users opinions on paper. I've only
> printed out a few sheets. What conventional or watercolor type papers
> have you used and how do the outputs compare?
>
> Hi, Bob
>
> We've not long had our Stylus Color 800, and have had good results using
> Bockingford, in either 150g or 300g. The internal sizing seems to stop
> most of the 'bleed' of dark areas.
>
> We use the high quality 1440dpi, super microweave setting with
> brightness up and contrast down to get some really nice effects. In
> particular, infra red shots taken on overcast days work well.

I've also used Bockingford. I found a very noticeable improvement with it
on surface sizing with gelatin. Some other papers work even better - such
as Fabriano Artistico.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/