Re: Chromapress

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:13:46 -0400

At 2:25 PM -0700 98/03/16, Ron Landucci wrote:

>>I was wondering if anyone knows WHERE one might get a print done this way
>and
>>if anyone knows anything about how permanent the output is?
>>

>What I failed to mention in my earlier reply is why I suggest you look into
>using the LightJet 5000 for your prints.
>
>The LightJets can output to conventional photographic materials, such as RA4
>and Ilfochrome.
>
>Although not archival, they'll probably last longer than prints from the
>Chromapress, which uses toners on press paper.

Your best bet would be to use Fuji Super FA Type 5, which is the most
permanent of the conventional materials.

One of the fellows who started EverColor, Bill Nordstrom, is now using a
Laser Light Jet 5000 on Fuji FA-5 paper:

LASLIGHT@aol.com

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada