Re: Re: Inkjet Printer opinions?

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:50:28 -0400

At 4:59 PM -0500 98/03/18, Ender100 wrote:
>I have an Epson Stylus Photo that I have been using since Christmas. I have
>some prints from it that have been hanging on my wall for a couple of months
>with no noticeable fading. For the price, I don't think you can beat it!

At the store where I was looking at the printer, I made some comments about
the poor lightfastness of the inks to a salesman. Trying to reassure me
that it wasn't that bad he took me over to an area where the staff had put
some of the prints they had made with it. As we got closer he suddenly shut
up and looked at the prints with an air of disbelief... Areas of the prints
that should have been black were dark brown. The rest of the colors were
washed out.

Enjoy your prints while they last. You won't enjoy them very long.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/