How about waxed? - was Varnished prints ?

Wayde Allen (allen@boulder.nist.gov)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:37:33 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Luis Nadeau wrote:

> At 4:49 AM 98/03/20, Donald Cardwell wrote:
> >G'morning M Nadeau
> >
> >In the midst of the dye sub thread, I wondered what the long term affect
> >of varnishing prints, as did Strand, has been ?
>

> I can't think of an old varnished print that has not yellowed to some extent.

While we're at this, any information about the long term effect of waxing?

I recently had a print with some abrasions in the super coating. Waxing
with Johnson's floor wax fixed the problem, but I am wondering how this
print will hold up over time. I guess I'll just watch and wait if nothing
else.

- Wayde
(wallen@boulder.nist.gov)