Re: dye sublimation prints

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:58 +0000

> Hooray!!!
> I second this.
>
> Why is it not possible for some participants in this forum to refrain
> from
> negativity and name calling that provides practically no constructive
> information? The intent of this forum, as I understand it is to share
> information relating to Alternate photo processes. When the thread
> becomes
> muddled with personal tirade it only detracts from its usefulness.
> However,
> I am sure that we all have something to contribute that IS useful and
> so I
> continue to read on, wishing, hoping, dreaming.
>
> Maybe some day.....
>
> Hal

I'm 100% in agreement. I think all we can do is to try and ignore some of
the posts that are made here and try to make our contributions positive
ones. However sometimes it is difficult not to retaliate against uncalled
for insults.

It is also _vital_ that those who want to contribute to discussions ensure
that they are correctly identifying quoted text in the conventional way -
using the markers as in the quoted text above at the start of EVERY quoted
line. Of course where you are quoting things that were already quoted
you'll have two markers and so on. I think any mail software will do this
automatically if properly used - if by any chance anyone has found
software that doesn't there is free software for just about every platform
that does work properly.

Several people posting here regularly either don't mark quoted text at all
or just mark occasional lines as quotes, often rendering any argument ther
might be in their posts impossible to follow and leading to complete
confusion when others attempt to follow on. Again probably the best
approach is simply to ignore messages that don't use quotes properly as it
is all too easy for thread to become totally muddled.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/