fading Was: Re: dye sublimation prints

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 00:42:21 -0400

At 8:41 PM -0500 98/03/21, Dan Cardish wrote:

>>upcoming
>>books, History and Practice of Photoceramic Processes will tell you more
>>about photographs that have the potential of lasting 40,000 years or more.
>>

>I'm not sure that a lot of art deserves to last for 40,000 years.

Indeed, but I hate being the judge. I like this quote by J. Wall, in my
platinum book: "FADING: The worst of all ills to which good or interesting
negatives and prints are subjets; but in other cases a benefit to humanity."

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/nadeaul/